What is an EA Game Card?
An EA Game Card is similar to a gift card. It can be redeemed at participating sites like activate.ea.com to fund your EA Account Balance. Once you've funded your EA Account Balance you can use it like cash to pay for items in an EA store or game site.
How do I see my EA Account balance?
Once you've funded your EA Account Balance by redeeming an EA Game Card, you can view your EA Account balance by logging into www.origin.com and viewing it at the top of the screen.
How do I redeem my EA Game Card?
At participating sites such as activate.ea.com and www.thesims.com redeem , look for the 'Redeem EA Game Card' link. You can also visit www.ea.com/1/game-cards for more info on other participating sites.
Do I have to use my EA Account balance prior to paying with my credit card?
Yes. Your EA Account Balance is always consumed first before any other payments are required. For example, if you want to make a purchase of a game or product for $20 and you have $50 in your EA Account Balance, your EA Account Balance will be deducted automatically. If you want to make a purchase of a game or product for $50 and you have $20 in your EA Account Balance, your $20 will be used first and you will be prompted to provide a credit card for the remaining balance.
Can I pay with my remaining balance using PayPal or ClickandBuy?
No. At present time, credit card is the only additional form of payment when used in combination with an EA Account Balance.
Can I use an EA Game Card at an EA Store outside of the U.S. or Canada?
No. The EA Game Card can only be redeemed at an EA Store for billing addresses in the U.S. and Canada at this time.
Can I use more than one EA Game Card?
Yes. You can redeem more than one EA Game Card and have a remaining balance for use at a future time at an EA Store. For more information on specific terms, see the EA Game Card Terms and Conditions
EA Cash Card Terms And Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions are supplementary to the EA Terms of Sale, found at http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tosale.jsp, and apply specifically to EA Cash Cards purchased in the U.S. or Canada.
3. EA Cash Cards purchased in the U.S. or Canada must be redeemed through EA Online Cash Card enabled stores such as www.eastore.com and www.thesims.com/redeem. These EA Online Cash Card enabled stores are open only to persons above the age of 13 in the U.S. or Canada. Not all products may be available. Internet access (fees may apply) and compatible software and hardware may be required
4. The redemption of an EA Cash Card, through EA Online Cash Card enabled stores, funds a recipient’s EA Account Balance. The recipient may utilize the funds in his or her EA Account Balance toward the purchase of eligible products, services or features. Any unused funds after each purchase will be held in the recipient's EA Account Balance and are not transferrable. If an order exceeds the amount of funds in the recipient’s EA Account Balance, the remainder must be paid with other available payment methods. To redeem or view the funds in your EA Account balance, visit www.origin.com.
5. EA Cash Cards may not be redeemed for the purchase of products, services or features through in-store pickup or on sites other than those described above as EA Online Cash Card enabled stores.
6. EA Cash Cards cannot be used to purchase or acquire other EA Cards, such as Game Time™ Cards or EA Cash Cards.
7. As a security feature, upon redemption of the EA Cash Card, the funds in your EA Account Balance become non-transferrable and attach to your EA Online Account.
8. EA Cash Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account, except to the extent required by law.
9. Unused funds held in a recipient’s EA Account Balance do not accrue interest.
10. There is no expiration date or fee for EA Cash Cards. Unused balances, however, may become subject to statutory unclaimed property laws. EA will attempt to contact you before escheating any unused balances.
12. Risk of Loss. The risk of loss and title for EA Cash Cards pass to the purchaser on electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. EA is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen EA Cash Cards. If you have any questions, please contact customer support at support.ea.com.
13. Fraud. EA reserves the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if an EA Cash Card is fraudulently obtained or redeemed and used to make purchases at an EA Online Cash Card enabled store.
14. Balance and Spending Limits. The funds held in an EA Account Balance may not exceed $300. In addition, a user may not spend more than $200 from his or her EA Account Balance in one day.
Disclaimer of Warranties.
15. EA AND ITS LICENSEES, AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO EA CASH CARDS OR EA ACCOUNT BALANCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE PROVIDED BY EA OR ANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
16. No Warranty of Availability or Uninterrupted Use: From time to time the EA CASH Card system may be inoperative, and when this happens, you may be unable to obtain information about the balance on your EA CASH Card and/OR EA Account BALANCE, or use your EA Cash Card AND/OR EA ACCOUNT BALANCE to pay for purchases. Please notify us if you have any problems using your EA CASH Card OR EA ACCOUNT BALANCE. You agree that we are not responsible for any interruption of service.
Limitation of Liability.
17. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EA OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EA CASH CARD OR EA ACCOUNT BALANCE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF DATA (INCLUDING PLAYER CHARACTERS, VIRTUAL GOODS OR CURRENCY, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS, OR OTHER USER DATA), LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERUPTION OF SERVICE, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER DISRUPTION, INTERFERENCE, FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR ANY FORM OF INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH ALLEGED LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISES IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT EA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATIONS OR CERTAIN INTENTIONAL OR NEGLIGENT ACTS, OR VIOLATION OF SPECIFIC STATUTES, OR THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THE EVENT AN EA CASH CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. In no event shall EA’s total liability to you for all damages (except as required by applicable law) exceed the amount Held in your ea account balance.
18. Disputes. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed (without regard to conflicts or choice of law principles) under the laws of the State of California as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely in California between California residents. Unless expressly waived by EA in writing for the particular instance or contrary to local law, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the California state and federal courts having within their jurisdiction the location of EA’s principal corporate place of business. Both parties consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and agree that process may be served in the manner provided herein for giving of notices or otherwise as allowed by California or federal law. The parties agree that the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (Vienna, 1980) shall not apply to this License or to any dispute or transaction arising out of this License.
19. Reservation of Rights. EA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in its discretion without notice. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.