Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate - Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.
Dante’s Inferno will take gamers to the western world’s most definitive view of the afterlife as created in the 13th century by the Italian poet Dante Alighieri in part one of his epic classic, “The Divine Comedy.”
Dante’s Inferno tells an adapted story that focuses on delivering a blockbuster 3rd person action game experience while bringing Alighieri’s depiction of Hell to the medium. Players assume the role of Dante, who descends into Hell after returning home to find his beloved Beatrice murdered, with Lucifer seducing her soul into the underworld. Dante sets out on a rescue mission to save Beatrice, but he soon realizes he is also in Hell to face his own demons and ultimately to redeem himself.
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno's Jonathan Knight 101 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dantes Inferno - Heresy 108 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno - SDCC 43 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dantes Inferno - anger dev diary 36 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno Story #2 78 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno E3 Trailer 123 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno - Violence 40 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- %PLAY% Dante Comes to San Diego Comic Con 114 Views - Feb 2, 2010
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno - Animated Trailer 74 Views - Nov 11, 2009
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno Trailer 1 79 Views - Mar 8, 2009
- %PLAY% Dante's Inferno Teaser 1 59 Views - Mar 8, 2009
- Dante's Inferno Ridable Demon 199 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Limbo Far Shore Backdrop 161 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno Spring Break 1 174 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Spring Break in Dante's Inferno 153 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno Spring Break 2 99 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno Spring Break 3 107 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno Limbo 72 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno Limbo King Minos 114 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno PS3 Xbox 360 Screenshot 105 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno PS3 Xbox 360 Screenshot 56 Views - Feb 27, 2010
- Dante's Inferno PS3 Xbox 360 Screenshot 67 Views - Feb 27, 2010
Take Dante through nine unique circles of Hell as mapped out and described by Alighieri: limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, anger, heresy, violence, fraud and treachery. Each circle has its own distinct look, with demons, monsters, damned and geography that are crafted straight from the poem’s vivid descriptions.
To take down the demons of Hell, Dante is outfitted with two primary weapons: the Scythe he takes from Death and the Holy Cross given to him by Beatrice, which has spiritual powers that will help Dante collect souls and spells from the creatures he defeats on his journey.
Built on the same technology as the award-winning Dead Space™, Dante’s Inferno will deliver a fast, fluid and responsive combat experience running at 60 frames per second, a must-have for the action adventure genre.
An Epic Adaptation of a Classic – Based on part one of Dante Alighieri’s classic poem “The Divine Comedy,” Dante’s Inferno is a 3rd person action adventure game that takes Dante on an epic journey through Hell as he seeks to rescue the soul of his beloved Beatrice.
The Nine Circles of Hell – Just like the poem, descend through Dante’s unique nine circles of Hell: limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, anger, heresy, violence, fraud and treachery. Each circle features distinct environments, enemies and story elements befitting the sins committed by their inhabitants.
Control the Beasts of Hell – Dante’s Inferno features large scale beasts and bosses, some of which Dante will be able to fully tame, utilizing them to throw back Hell’s wrath to its minions.
Fast, Addictive, Responsive Combat – Dante fights through the nine circles armed with Death’s Scythe and Beatrice’s Holy Cross, with magic powers and a deep, customizable upgrade system helping the player take full advantage of a fast and fluid gameplay experience that will never run at lower than 60 frames per second.
Bring Hell With You Wherever You Go – Dante’s Inferno gives PSP owners the same level of fast, responsive gameplay through all nine detailed and unique circles of hell the team is aiming to achieve on the consoles.
Visceral Games Stamp of Approval – From the award-winning studio that created the critically-acclaimed Dead Space, Dante’s Inferno receives the same relentless focus on quality and polish Visceral Games has become known for.