Today’s update to the Origin client, Version 8.3.7, is all about continuing to build a great user experience. We’ve fixed a number of little things that players may not even notice, but will improve the service – and at the same time updated performance in two major areas: game updates and the Origin browser.
This latest update to Origin is just one step in a series of continuing improvements. Keep an eye out for improved functionality and new features coming down the pike.
Here’s the official change log for Version 8.3.7:
- Fixes an issue that caused downloads to go past 100% completion.
- Users installing the Russian disc version of Battlefield 3 will no longer be improperly asked to insert Disc 1.
- Fixes a number of issues that previously caused the Origin client to crash.
- Improves the performance of the Origin browser when loading Flash-based applications.
- Addresses a number of minor localization and user experience issues.
- Adds the ability to download and install third-party games from Origin.
- Improves the performance of the game update functionality.
- Makes changes so that Origin now sets permissions in ProgramData\Origin by default.