With R.A. Salvatore penning Amalur’s lore, most fans of fantasy won’t need to think twice before downloading the upcoming demo for Reckoning. But for sci-fi fans who usually eschew dragons, knights, and claymores, there’s a different reason to play: two unlockable in-game bonuses for Mass Effect 3.
Gamers who play through the Reckoning demo – which will be available for download on PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE, and Origin on Tuesday, January 17 – will discover a treasure trove of bonus content in the demo's hour and a half of play, including three in-game items that can be used in the full version of Reckoning and two in-game items to play with in Mass Effect 3.
Bonuses for Reckoning include a Twist of Fate Card and the Twinned Souls Chakram, as well as the Infernal Helm. Players can unlock the first two items by installing the demo, then complete it to claim the helm.
For Mass Effect 3 players, the Reckoning demo offers up a unique opportunity to claim a suit of Todd McFarlane-designed Reckoner Knight Armor. You’ll also get the exclusive Chakram Launcher – a “saucer gun” that fires explosive, lightweight discs – when you complete the demo in its entirety:
PLAY the Reckoning demo to unlock:
- Exclusive Todd McFarlane-designed Reckoner Knight Armor for Mass Effect 3 (install the demo)
- The Powerful Chakram Launcher for Mass Effect 3 (complete the demo)
PURCHASE Reckoning to unlock:
- N7-inspired Shepard's Battle Armor for use in Reckoning (redeemed via EA Online Pass)
DOWNLOAD THE PS3 DEMO now via the PlayStation Network:
• At the PSN Store, head to Demos
• Click on PS3 Demos
• Click on H-M and find the "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo"
PLAY the Mass Effect 3 demo to unlock:
- Omniblade Daggers for use in Reckoning (redeemed in-game)
Have more questions? Visit the FAQ here!
Tried the demo and love the game? Pre-order it on Origin today!