Chillingo Brings E.T.: The Green Planet to the App Store for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
Relive the adventure and magic of E.T. in an amazing all-new game! Leading games publisher Chillingo, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts Inc. today announced, in conjunction with Universal Partnerships & Licensing, its new ‘E.T.: The Green Planet’ game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch is now available on the App Store. The new game was developed by Strawdog Studios in partnership with Big Play Digital. In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the ground-breaking film E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, users can now experience their own interactive journey as E.T. returns home to The Green Planet.
The new game allows players to fly past the moon and soar across the stars together with our beloved extra-terrestrial. Once home, E.T. must save the dying planet by creating enchanted gardens full of intergalactic plant life. Players can use E.T.’s magic healing touch to breed new and exotic species.
“E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is one of the greatest science-fiction films ever made and conjures up nostalgia for countless fans around the world. We are excited to commemorate this global cultural phenomenon by publishing an amazing new game,” explains Chris Byatte, co-general manager and co-founder of Chillingo.
With E.T.: The Green Planet gamers can:
· Experience the mysterious world of The Green Planet and its inhabitants.
· Meet E.T.’s wise teacher, Botanicus, and an army of Micro Tech workers who help you breed new and exotic plant species.
· Grow and nurture new plant varieties and watch your garden grow.
· Collect recognizable artifacts from the film and construct a communicator to contact Earth.
· Cross-breed seeds to create amazing new plant hybrids.
· Visit their friends’ gardens on The Green Planet and invite new players via Facebook and Twitter.
E.T.: The Green Planet is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.