Grand Slam Tennis 2 Blog
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will be entering the high definition era for the first time and will be available on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support of the PlayStation® Move controller. EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam® championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. Players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon’s prestigious Centre Court, hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open, play under the bright lights at the U.S. Open or work on your serve and volley game at the Australian Open. In addition, the game features a deep roster of elite past and present players and will be coming worldwide in 2012.
“We are very excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles,” said Line Producer Thomas Singleton. “Players will now get to experience the excitement and drama of serving it up on prestigious tennis venues such as Wimbledon’s famed Centre Court.”
Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
• All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top! But if you prefer the old school button controls, those are still available!
• Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise – Wimbledon.
• PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
• Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam® tournament John McEnroe.
• Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment!
• ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
• Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Grand Slam® Career mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.
Subscribe to this Blog's Feed
Previously by This Author
EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis 2 is available in retail stores worldwide today.
Hi! This is Nate McDonald, Producer on EA SPORTSGrand SlamTennis 2.
This is an exciting post for me to write because after a lot of hard work by a great group of people here at EA Canada, we are ready to launch this franchise to you on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America!Read More
ESPN Integration offers a whole new way to play Grand Slam Tennis 2.
Hi! This is Nate McDonald, Producer on EA SPORTS™Grand Slam®Tennis 2.
I’m excited to tell you about how ESPN® is integrated, exclusively, into EA SPORTS™Grand Slam®Tennis 2. We decided to incorporate ESPN features such as broadcast style presentations, play by play commentary from John McEnroe and Pat Cash, live score and news updates, and ESPN® Grand Slam® Classics mode.Read More
Take on a players look, sound and style in EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis 2
Hey everyone! I’m Thomas Singleton, Producer on EA SPORTS™Grand Slam® Tennis 2. The game that lets you swing the racquet like a Grand Slam champion for the first time in HD on Xbox 360®or PlayStation®3. We’ve got Total Racquet Control, MOVE integration, our all new PRO AI system and all four Grand Slams.Read More