Listen up, college students: EA was recently listed to the top 25 Best Overall Internships for 2014 by Vault.com! Vault surveyed thousands of current and former interns about internship programs and rated the programs in five key areas: Quality of Life, Compensation & Benefits, Interview Process, Career Development and Full-Time Employment Prospects. The ratings are averaged to determine an overall score for each program.
Interning at EA provides meaningful work, an opportunity to work alongside incredible mentors, join speaker series with leaders from around the company, key networking opportunities and of course fun events and trips for the group. It’s a great way to sample life at EA and get meaningful experience.
Our interns who participated in the anonymous survey said the benefits of the internship were:
- “Contributing to a project that I’m very proud of and can’t wait to see in its final release”;
- “Getting to do what I love”;
- “The work is relevant and actually goes into the game, interns are always managed so they are challenged but not overly stressed out”;
- “This is a place where fun and work come together. There are real long term opportunities here with a company you will love.”
- “It pushed me to grow and expand my knowledge” and
- “Getting to work with a group of amazing and talented people who all love their job”.
EA offers internships around the globe in all areas of the business – from game development, to software engineering, marketing to finance – there are many opportunities for interns to gain real-world experience in the gaming industry through an EA internship. You can read a few of our recent Q&A’s with new grads who were awarded EA scholarships here on our blog to hear a little more of what it’s like to work for EA.
Interested in an internship with us? Click here to find out more about the experience and look through open job opportunities with us. Students must still be enrolled in school after Summer 2014 unless the internship is a graduation requirement. Internships last for 12 weeks for 40 hours per week from May to August, and our Co-op Programs run year-round for 16 week cycles. About to graduate? Check out our new grad programs to start your career in the gaming industry.