The award-winning NHL 14 from EA SPORTS is available now at retail stores and online for North America for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Named the Best Sports Game of E3 2013, NHL 14 uses the best EA SPORTS technology to deliver game-changing hits with cutting-edge NHL Collision Physics, an all-new Enforcer Engine, and the second season of True Performance Skating that brings a new level of speed and control.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the franchise, which means you get the chance to play the much anticipated NHL 94 Anniversary Mode. With a retro presentation style including blue ice, classic star-shaped player indicators, organ music and more, you’ll get the chance to play old school hockey just the way you remember.
New features and modes include:
- NHL Collision Physics –Bigger, more thrilling hits, and truer-to-life collisions. A new left-stick control scheme makes delivering a game-changing hit simpler than ever.
- Enforcer Engine –Now, you and your linemates (human or CPU) interact from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action.
- True Performance Skating – The second year of the True Performance Skating features improved acceleration, explosive first-strides, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating, resulting in greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control.
- One-Touch Dekes – More responsive deking system controlled simply with the left stick and one-button.
- Live the Life Mode – The evolution of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can now truly Live the Life of an NHL player. On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete.
- NHL 94 Anniversary Mode –Built within the NHL 14 game engine, NHL 94 Anniversary Mode has big goals, bigger hits and takes fun to a whole new level.
- HUT & EASHL Online Seasons – The Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) is the most played mode in EA SPORTS NHL. Win games and advance to the next division to face tougher competition, fall short and see your team bumped down. Teams will be able to track their progress across multiple seasons.
Check out the launch trailer and share your thoughts with the hashtag #NHL14. See you on the ice!