Nate McDonald here, I’m one of the producers working on EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2. With a roster of elite past and present players, all four Grand Slam® tournaments, and all new Total Racquet Control, EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2 aims to be the most innovative and authentic tennis game out there. Today, I am going to walk you through some features that I’m personally excited about being able to bring to you, so let’s get started!
The first thing I want to talk about is our Career Mode. It is our single player journey that gives you 10 years to prove that you are the best, with the ultimate goal of becoming the #1 ranked player in the world, and the next Grand Slam® champion!
You can train, grow, and increase your rank by participating in one of three different types of lead up events prior to each of the world famous Grand Slam® tournaments, including Wimbledon.
The three lead up events include:
- Training, where you can enhance your skills.
- Exhibition & Rivalry Matches, where you play with other pros and earn career points to unlock new racquets, shoes, and attribute points.
- Pre-Tournaments, where you’ll be competing inwarm-up tournaments to increase your ranking and confidence leading up to each Grand Slam® tournament.
Throughout your journey, you have specific career related objectives that you need to focus on achieving. In addition, there are annual objectives that change as you progress from year to year. Every event that you play in throughout your career will have event specific objectives that need to be completed in order to improve your rank and achieve unlocked racquets and shoes. These unlocks provide you with additional attribute boosts.
To really personalize your careers, the game includes a fully featured player creation system that allows you to select every aspect of your player. For both male and female players, you can:
· Fully customize their facial features, hair styles, and body types.
· Dress up your player with different types of clothing, equipment, and accessories from the top brand names out there.
· Customize your player’s behavior, from play style, to grunts, to serve, serve return, and shot styles, your player can look, sound, and play exactly how you want them to.