Leading digital entertainment website IGN announced their editors’ Top 25 games for iPhone and iPad this week, and favorite games from EA and our friends at Chillingo, Firemint and PopCap received top honors. “Narrowing the list of greats down to 25 seemed a herculean task,” say the IGN editors. “There were tears. And sweat. And maybe even a little bit of blood.”
The acclaimed, physics-based puzzler Cut the Rope proved to be a cut above the rest in the eyes of IGN – topping the list at #1. The IGN Top 25 also included Dead Space, Peggle, Angry Birds, Flight Control, and Plants vs. Zombies.
Here’s what IGN had to say about these “must-own” games:
- Cut the Rope – “Cut the Rope has everything you want from an iPhone game: immediate fun, excellent use of the touch screen, and an exuberant personality.”
- Plants vs. Zombies –“It's addictive and charming, containing that elusive ‘special something’ that gets its hooks in you and convinces you to forego food, sleep, and other essentials just to see what the next level has in store.”
- Angry Birds –“Angry Birds is pretty much the perfect iPhone game.”
- Peggle –“Hop in, experience some rainbow peg-clearing action, and hop right back out. Pure joy.”
- Dead Space –“…one of the best.”
- Flight Control –“Don't be fooled by its cheerful visuals – Flight Control is intense and addictive.”
It’s good to see these outstanding games named among the best on the App Store. According to the editors at IGN, they all “deserve a place in everyone's game library.” So, hey, don’t just take our word for it!