Later today, PS3 owners will be able to download the Ultimate Edition demo at the PlayStation Store, giving them their first chance to experience the fast and action-packed gameplay the Command & Conquer franchise is renowned for. The demo will give gamers a great opportunity to not only experience the fun, over-the-top Red Alert universe, but also gives them a chance to pick up and get a feel for the Command Stick 2.0, EA’s console RTS interface, which is helping to bridge the gap between controls on the PC and consoles. Along with a tutorial to get players familiar with Red Alert 3 the demo includes two campaign missions:
- Krasna-45: Circus of Treachery – The second mission of the Soviet campaign, players will immediately be introduced to battling the series’ newest faction, the Empire of the Rising Sun, escorting the Soviet commando Natasha to a launch facility, and protecting her from the Imperial ambush division waiting to attack.
- Heidelberg: The Famous Liberation – Players will then switch their attention over to the Allied cause, in the third mission of the Allied campaign, teaming up with an in-game Co-Commander to take out the Soviet’s powerful Iron Curtain and headquarters in Germany.
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 features the genre’s first cooperative campaign with an increased emphasis on naval warfare and the series’ trademark live-action movie sequences, starring the largest and most talented cast in the history of video games including Gemma Atkinson, Gina Carano, Randy Couture, Tim Curry, Kelly Hu, Jenny McCarthy, Autumn Reeser, J.K. Simmons and George Takei. The Ultimate Edition has been re-mastered for Blu-ray and contains many PS3-exclusive features, including:
- Five exciting new multiplayer maps.
- Behind the scenes videos and trailers, including Raising the Iron Curtain Documentary, From Pens to Pixels, the Girls of Red Alert 3, Bloopers & Outtakes, the Red Alert 3 Remix and many more!
- PS3 exclusive Command & Conquer TV programming, including PS3-dedicated BattleCast PrimeTime and a special episode of Command School focused on tips, tricks and strategies from the development team.
- In-depth profiles on all the Red Alert 3 Units.
- The official Red Alert 3 soundtrack.
The demo will be available for download at 2:00 PM PT on Thursday, March 19th at the PlayStation Store*. For additional information, please visit the official website for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition.
*This time is the approximate time the demo will be ready for download. Please check www.commandandconquer.com for the latest updates.