Creativity will serve you well in the arena, but we want to see your creative skills outside the Ring, too. So it’s time to show us what you’ve got in the Apex Legends Season 1 Fanart Challenge!
From now until Sunday, March 24, 11:59:59 p.m., PDT, post a fan creation of your favorite Legend (in your medium of choice), tag it with #ApexFanartChallenge on Twitter, and follow us at @playapex to have your fanart entered into the contest. On Monday, April 1, we’ll announce winning art for each Legend. Winners will score an Apex Legends t-shirt, a signed poster from the Respawn crew, and the limelight when we feature your art on @playapex.
We’ve seen the insane plays you can pull off – now put that in your art.
This contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
You will need a Twitter account to participate in the Contest. If you do not already have a Twitter account, you can visit www.twitter.com to create one for free.
1. Eligibility: Apex Legends Season One Fanart Challenge (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Malaysia, The Netherlands, New Zealand , Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa , South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. Timing: The Contest begins on March 20, 2019 at 12:00pm Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 31, 2019 at 11:59pm PT (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
Start Date and Time (all times PT)
End Date and Time (all times PT)
March 20, 2019 at 12:00pm
March 24, 2019 at 11:59pm
March 25, 2019 at 8:00am
March 31, 2019 at 11:59pm
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
3. How to Enter: During the Submission phase,
(a) Sign into your Twitter account;
(b) Follow the official Apex Legends Twitter account @playapex;
(c) Using Twitter’s “@Reply” function, reply to the Apex Legends Fanart Challenge post tweeted by @playapex on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 12:00pm PT with an image or video of your original fanart of your favorite Apex Legends character, including the hashtag #ApexLegendsFanartChallenge at the beginning of your tweet and the hashtag of your favorite character name (collectively, the “Entry”). By uploading your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
4. Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer.
Personal information will be used for the purposes of:
(a) Organizing, running and monitoring the Contest and prize fulfillment, including, if entrant wins a prize, publishing (i) their name on the Winner(s) List and (ii) their name and country of residence online or in any other media in connection with the Contest, as described further in Sections 8(3) and 9 below); and
(b) Any additional processing activities to which entrant consents and/or acknowledges as applicable.
For Residents of the European Union: The organizing entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level.
5. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
a. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) potential winner for each Apex Legends character, for a total of nine (9) potential winners, with the highest-scoring Entries (the “Top Entry” or “Top “Entries”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): 34% Creativity, 33% Quality, and 33% Composition.
b. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for Quality, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than nine (9) Top Entries if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
6. Notification: The potential winners will be notified by Twitter Direct Message on or about April 1, 2019. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Winner Declaration & Consent, which must be received by Sponsor, within 10 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Winner Declaration & Consent within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which Sponsor retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
There are nine (9) prizes.
Each winner shall receive one (1) Apex Legends t-shirt, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of USD 25/22 Euros and one (1) character art poster signed by the Respawn team with an ARV of USD 25/22 Euros.
Total Prize ARV is USD 450/396 Euros.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one (1) prize per person during entire Contest Period. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants. Allow 6 - 8 weeks for shipment of prize(s).
8. General Terms:
a. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees:
(1) To the extent allowable under applicable law and, in Australia, subject to and without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which the participant may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Australian Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Contest and any prize won, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom and France with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law;
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland: By participating in this Contest, each participant acknowledges: (1) In regard to the Prize and any other products or services given by Sponsor and its affiliates free of charge, the Sponsor shall only be liable for intent and gross negligence. (2) In all other cases, the Sponsor shall only be liable to cases of intent and gross negligence. In case of slight negligence, however, the Sponsor is only liable for the breach of essential contractual obligations, such as delay or impossibility of performance, which the Sponsor can be made responsible for. The liability in the event of breach of such an essential contractual obligation is limited to the typical contractual damage, whose occurrence could be expected by the Sponsor upon conclusion of the contract on account of the circumstances known at that time. “Essential contractual obligations” as previously stated are those obligations whose fulfillment is essential to enable the proper implementation of the contract and the achievement of its purpose and whose observation you as an end consumer may rely upon. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of explicit guarantees by the Sponsor, in case of malice and injuries to life, body or health as well as in the case of mandatory statutory regulations.
(2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest;
(3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited ; and
(4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
For Residents of Australia, the Contest is governed by the laws of the United States provided that the entrant will not be deprived of his or her statutory rights and legal protection as a consumer granted by the laws of Australia. Court of jurisdiction shall be entrant’s country of residence.
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, notwithstanding, nothing in these Official Rules shall have the effect to deprive you of the consumer protection rights granted to you by the laws of your residence that cannot be derogated from by agreement.
b. EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
9. Winner(s) List: Winners List requests will only be accepted after the end the Contest Period (listed above) and no later than May 31, 2019. We will post the names of confirmed winners online after March 31, 2019 at www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/apex-fanart-challenge-winners. This list will remain posted until December 31, 2019.
Play Apex Legends for free* now on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Origin for PC.
Follow Apex Legends on Twitter and Instagram, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and check out our forums.
Sign up for our newsletter today to receive the latest Apex Legends news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.