This contest is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065, United States.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
ENTRANTS IN THIS CONTEST MUST: (1) OWN OR HAVE ACCESS TO FIFA 19 ON THE PS4, XBOX ONE OR PC AND HAVE CONNECTED TO THEIR VALID EA ACCOUNT BEFORE JUNE 4, 2019; (2) HAVE A VALID GAMERTAG OR PSN ID; AND (3) HAVE AGREED TO THE EA USER AGREEMENT.
1. Eligibility: The Champions Corner Ticket Competition #4 (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Austria, Bulgaria, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States (including the District of Colombia) who are at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Electronic Arts Inc. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
2. Timing: The Contest begins on June 4, 2019 at 6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on June 5, 2019 at 10:00 P.M. CST (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
Start Date and Time
End Date and Time
June 4, 2019 at 6:00 AM CST
June 5, 2019 at 10:00 PM CST
June 5, 2019 at 11:00 PM CST
June 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM CST
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
3. How to Enter: During the Submission phase, play the UEFA Champions League mode of FIFA 19 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC and capture a video of a UCL Final goal recreated based on a real-life UEFA Champions League goal, and upload your video to Twitter using the #EAChampionsCornerContest (collectively, the “Entry”). By uploading your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Guidelines and Restrictions:
Entries must not exceed 2 minutes and must be directly captured from the console or PC. Videos captured from a mobile phone will not be accepted.
4. Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer.
Personal information will be used for the purposes of:
(a) Organizing, running and monitoring the Contest and prize fulfillment, including, if entrant wins a prize, publishing (i) their name on the Winner(s) List and (ii) their name and country of residence online or in any other media in connection with the Contest, as described further in Sections 8(3) and 9 below); and
(b) Any additional processing activities to which entrant consents and/or acknowledges as applicable.
For Residents of the European Union: The organizing entity shall be considered the data controller for the database containing this personal information and provides for an appropriate data protection level.
5. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below.
a. Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) entrant with the highest-scoring Entries (the “Top Entry”) based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): Difficulty of Goal 40%; Distance of Goal from the Net 30%, and Quality of Resemblance of the Recreated Goal 30%.
b. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Entry received the highest score for Difficulty in Goal, as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner.
6. Notification: The potential winners will be notified by direct message on the Twitter account on or about June 7, 2019. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Winner Declaration & Consent, which must be received by Sponsor, 10 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and/or return the Winner Declaration & Consent within the required time period, refuses the prize, is ineligible to win the prize, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner using the skill-based criteria set forth above from among all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternative winners will be selected, after which Sponsor retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor’s choosing.
7. Prizes: One (1) winner will receive a match ball from the Final Game this Saturday with Spurs v Liverpool. Approximate retail value of $316.00/€250.00.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and relative skill of entrants. Allow 3 weeks for delivery of prize.
8. General Terms:
a. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees:
(1) To the extent allowable under applicable law and, to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won, except for residents of the United Kingdom and France with respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury arising from EA’s negligence and for residents of the United Kingdom with respect to claims resulting from the tort of deceit or any other liabilities that may not be excluded by law;
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland: By participating in this Contest, each participant acknowledges: (1) In regard to the Prize and any other products or services given by Sponsor and its affiliates free of charge, the Sponsor shall only be liable for intent and gross negligence. (2) In all other cases, the Sponsor shall only be liable to cases of intent and gross negligence. In case of slight negligence, however, the Sponsor is only liable for the breach of essential contractual obligations, such as delay or impossibility of performance, which the Sponsor can be made responsible for. The liability in the event of breach of such an essential contractual obligation is limited to the typical contractual damage, whose occurrence could be expected by the Sponsor upon conclusion of the contract on account of the circumstances known at that time. “Essential contractual obligations” as previously stated are those obligations whose fulfillment is essential to enable the proper implementation of the contract and the achievement of its purpose and whose observation you as an end consumer may rely upon. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of explicit guarantees by the Sponsor, in case of malice and injuries to life, body or health as well as in the case of mandatory statutory regulations.
(2) That EA’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest;
(3) That by accepting a prize, EA may use your name and place of residence online or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to the winner or anyone else, except where prohibited ; and
(4) The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
For Residents of Austria, Germany, Poland, Switzerland, notwithstanding, nothing in these Official Rules shall have the effect to deprive you of the consumer protection rights granted to you by the laws of your residence that cannot be derogated from by agreement.
b. EA reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
c. Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.
9. Winner(s) List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the end the Contest Period (listed above) and no later than July 24, 2019. We will post the names of confirmed winners online after June 10, 2019 at https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-19/news/champions-corner-contest. This list will remain posted until July 24, 2019.
© 2019 Electronic Arts Inc.