It’s that time of year where we focus on all things food! While you can make more than 80 dishes in The Sims 4, nothing says ‘Happy Holidays’ like desserts! Here is one of our favorite recipes brought to life!
This recipe is for Super Chocolate Tummers Bomb Cupcakes, which can be made in The Sims 4 using your level 7 cooking skill and a cupcake machine.
Recipe and images courtesy of ImaginingMystic.
(L) The Sims 4 version of Super Chocolate Tummers Bomb Cupcakes (R) The cupcakes in real life.
The Sims 4 Super Chocolate Tummers Bomb Cupcakes
(Makes 12 cupcakes)
· 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark for a super chocolatey cupcake!)
· 1 pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon)
· 3 Tablespoons oil (I used canola oil)
· 1 1/4 cups white sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup milk (any kind of milk is fine, I used 1%, but you could also use UNSWEETENED soy milk or almond milk)
· 1/2 cup chocolate chips
· Preheat oven to 350°F.
· Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
· In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
· Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a hand mixer until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain.
· Slowly stir in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (do not use the hand mixer for this).
· Pour mixture into a paper cupcake liner lined baking sheet.
· Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, using a toothpick to check for doneness, if the toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean then the cupcakes are done, if not put them back in for an additional 5 minutes.
· Once done, let cupcakes cool completely (at least 1 hour).
Recipe for the Nutella Frosting
· 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened unsalted butter
· 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
· 3/4 cups Nutella
· Add all ingredients to a hand or stand mixer and mix (starting at the slowest speed and gradually increasing to about speed 5 once the sugar has been combined).
· Mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
Once the frosting is thoroughly mixed, spread it onto the cooled cupcakes and top with chocolate chips (optional).
Dessert is definitely a great way to bring The Sims 4 out of your computer and into your kitchen for the holiday season. We hope you get a chance try ImaginingMystic’s recipe and enjoy it as much as we do.
We would also love to hear about your own The Sims 4 holiday recipes. So please post and tweet us your recipes and pictures of your The Sims 4 kitchen creations either in-game or in real life!
Look forward to hearing from you and Happy Simming!
Stay in the conversation of all things EA: Read our blog, Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.