Today members of our community are celebrating Diwali, the Festival of Lights. If you have the Holiday Celebration Pack* you will find new clothing and items for your Sims to join in on the celebration.
Diwali, also known as Deepavali, is the Hindu Festival of Lights that is celebrated every year in the autumn within the northern hemisphere and the spring in the southern hemisphere. On a spiritual level, it signifies the victory of the light over the darkness, knowledge over ignorance, hope over despair, and good over evil.
This festival dates as far back as ancient times and is considered one of the happiest holidays in India. People take the time to clean and decorate their homes in preparation for the festival and adorn themselves with new clothing. In your game, you will find the following new items to help your Sims celebrate:
New Create a Sim assets found in the Holiday Celebration Park:
• Full Body Outfits for Adults
• Full Body Outfits for Children
• A female child earring accessory
• Adult, female hair
• Child, female hair
New objects found in the Holiday Celebration Park:
• Diya, a clay lamp
• 3 Rangoli inspired rugs, each with several colorful patterns
• A 3x3 grid of candle lights that you can place on top of other objects, such as the Rangoli inspired rugs.
• 4 different wall hanging string lights, that can be mixed, matched, and overlapped to create interesting displays of festive lights.
We hope that you enjoy this new content for your game and we wish all of our Simmers a Happy Diwali!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Twitch, Like us on Facebook, and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
*Requires The Sims 4 game (sold separately) and all game updates to play.