SEED is a new R&D organization within Electronic Arts whose purpose is to explore new technologies and the creative opportunities they afford, to discover new ways to engage players and deliver world-class experiences in a fast-moving, forward-looking, diverse team. Our areas of research include virtual and augmented reality, procedural content generation, machine learning, digital characters, and the metaverse.
We collaborate with world class teams all across Electronic Arts such as Battlefield, Mass Effect, Need for Speed, Star Wars and Dragon Age, as well as the Frostbite Engine team and upcoming new games and IPs.
SEED is expanding our creative team at our Los Angeles office to go hands-on with the applications and opportunities our research provides, and to inspire all of EA to consider new ways of looking at player experiences.
We are looking for a Technical Artist - a forward-thinking artist with a strong technical background, able to pick up and integrate new technologies, both in hardware and software.
Ideal candidates are at home at the crossroads of art and technology, with a strong foundation in aesthetics and implementation of concept art, a keen interest in emerging technologies, and a drive to create compelling experiences for others.
You will work hand-in-hand with research engineers and creative directors in SEED, bringing your technical expertise and aesthetic sense to a diverse array of projects, some of which you will lead. You should be self-motivated, passionate, and creative, but also ready to work in and with a team.
What skills does SEED seek?
- Extensive experience and understanding of approaches in a wide range of content creation methods for games or feature films, including modeling, rigging, lighting, shading, post-processing, visual effects, and animation.
- Experience with emerging tech- both software and hardware.
- Strong artistic skills matched with good technical skills.
- Ability to maintain aesthetic consistency according to creative direction.
- Strong knowledge of modern 2D and 3D packages.
- Strong knowledge of game audio best practices and techniques.
- Scripting/Programming ability in C#, Python, some C++
- Solid understanding of real-time and offline rendering methods.
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative and creative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Good to have:
- Experience prototyping, and able to quickly sketch out ideas before diving into implementation.
- Experience in developing and exploring new content pipelines.
- Interest in exploring visual styles inspired by wide variety of media
- Video and audio editing experience
- Sound design experience
- The sky is the limit of your ideas. Pursue dreams and start working on making them come true.
- We only hire nice people. We look after each other and come from diverse backgrounds.
- You work from where you have the greatest opportunity of reaching your goals.
- You're in charge of your time. We value passion, impact and results over hours.
- You're encouraged to share your work, publish, open source and speak at conferences.
- Each project is unique. We need you to use your imagination and push boundaries.
- Each person is unique. We offer individual coaching and support to help you reach your own full potential.
- You will be part of shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
What’s in it for you?
We take care of our staff! In addition to relocation and a competitive compensation package we will offer you:
- Annual bonus
- EA stock
- Flexible work hours
- Occupational pension
- 10 free EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success! We look forward to receiving your application!