It’s official: the Battlefield 4 beta will be going live in early October as an exclusive for Battlefield 3 Premium owners, those that pre-ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe, and owners of Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe and Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition. DICE unveiled all the latest plans and details of Battlefield 4 Premium today at our gamescom press conference in Cologne.
At the show, you got a first-look at a new mode, a new map and more details on Levolution – dynamic environments that react to your every move both big and small. It could mean taking down a massive skyscraper in real-time or smaller moments like shooting out fire extinguishers to disorient your enemies.
“Levolution is much more than just dynamic maps and set pieces,” said Karl Magnus, General Manager, DICE. “It is a bigger, interconnected and evolving Battlefield combined with massive scale, and a full arsenal of vehicles and of course, our signature destruction.”
On stage, the Battlefield team introduced a new mode – “obliteration”. The goal in this mode is simple: destroy your enemy targets before they destroy yours. But there’s a twist, only one bomb will spawn at a time in a random location so both teams must fight to secure it, transport it to an enemy target and detonate it. This mode will definitely keep you on your toes.
Battlefield 4 will bring you all-out war on Frostbite 3, Levolution will make sure no two games are ever the same, and amphibious vehicles will bring you a new challenge to master.
But the way to get the most out of Battlefield 4 is to grab a Premium membership. This includes five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favoriteBattlefield 3 maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Autumn 2014
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Winter 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Winter 2014.
Check out the demo video and tune in to the Battlefield live broadcast this week at www.ea.com/au/gamescom.