Today, EA announced our Q4 and full year results for FY12 and I’m excited to share some of the highlights from the past year with you. We set some high goals for the company and I’m happy to say that we’ve kept our promises.
Here are a few highlights from today’s announcement:
- We generated record breaking revenue – $4.2 billion – and did it with fewer releases – proving that high quality games, with digital content and services, can be engaging for you.
- We exceeded our digital goal, delivering $1.2 billion in high-margin digital revenue this past year and we aren’t done yet. We have set a goal to achieve another 40 percent increase in digital revenue this coming year.
- Our Origin platform has more than 11 million registered users and we’re continuing to improve on the service and listen to your feedback.
- We successfully launched major games in Q4 including Mass Effect 3, FIFA Street 4, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic has 1.3M active subscribers and is introducing new content packs improve the experience even more.
- Our Play4Free brands, including Battlefield and Need for Speed, continue to engage large audiences of online players.
- PopCap is now fully integrated into EA and has recently released several new games including Bejeweled Blitz, Solitaire Blitz and Lucky Gem Casino.
- At E3, we will introduce new games, content and services on several of our biggest brands. Stay tuned here on our blog for more.
I’m very proud of the team here at EA for their commitment and outstanding work in FY12. I am looking forward to the next year when we break away from the pack and continue to build our profile as a leader in digital entertainment.