Darkspore is a new sci-fi Action-RPG game from Maxis that uses the award-winning Creature Editing technology from Spore.
Gameplay is set in the aftermath of a scientific experiment gone disastrously wrong. After unstable “Exponential DNA” escaped the lab, it created mutated hordes of Darkspore creatures who – under a mysterious leader called The Corruptor – overran the galaxy. After eons of hiding in hyper-sleep, you have been awakened by your spaceship computer with a message from a long dormant computer network: E-DNA has been stabilized. Use it to upgrade a collection of Genetic Heroes and fight back against the Darkspore.
Build a collection of Genetic Heroes, each with their own unique abilities that can be used in combat. Switch between each of these heroes as you play through different levels and fight different Darkspore enemies. Upgrade your heroes by collecting parts that add stats to make your heroes more powerful. Customize your heroes and parts in nearly infinite ways.
Organize your heroes into squads of three, and decide which squad has the best combination of heroes to defeat the enemies on each planet you encounter. Use “squad abilities” to combine attacks from different heroes simultaneously.
Play through a loot-driven campaign against the Darkspore in solo or co-op modes, as the game is designed for co-op from the ground up. Discover and unlock ancient Crogenitor obelisks containing bonus loot. Compete against other players in online PvP matches.
- Darkspore Screen 8 1400 Views - Dec 6, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 7 957 Views - Dec 6, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 4 611 Views - Dec 6, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 2 651 Views - Dec 6, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 3 314 Views - Aug 19, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 1 219 Views - Aug 19, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 6 133 Views - Aug 19, 2010
- Darkspore Screen 5 101 Views - Aug 19, 2010
- All-new 3D graphics engine with stunning visual effects
- Collect Genetic Heroes from three character classes (Sentinel, Ravager, Tempest) and five Genesis types (Bio, Cyber, Plasma, Necro, Quantum)
- Hundreds of unique Genetic Hero abilities that can be combined in squads and co-op gameplay
- Unparalleled customization using the award-winning Creature Editor technology from Spore
- Unique alien planet levels with hundreds of Darkspore enemies, including player-created enemies, each with their own attacks and behaviors
- Innovative risk/reward campaign that lets players push their luck to earn better heroes and upgrades
- AI Director technology that provides deep replayability by dynamically altering the spawning, difficulty, and behaviors of NPC hordes, by distributing loot drops, and by controlling dynamic placement of destructible objects throughout each level
- Persist your collection online, and access it from the Darkspore.com web site