Hungry for zombies? Turn the tables on your fun-dead foes when you make these zombie cupcakes with family or friends! Make sure you have all the supplies and ingredients before you begin, and don’t forget to bring your brains. Happy Halloween!
OR – your favorite recipe or box of mix!
OR – your favorite pre-made icing!
Making the cupcakes:
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Measure out all your ingredients in advance and line your cupcake tin with the liners.
3) In your first bowl, mix together the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cocoa Powder, and Salt.
4) In your second bowl, using the electric mixer, combine the Butter and Sugar.
5) In the second bowl, using the electric mixer, now mix in the Eggs and Vanilla.
6) Now take the dry ingredients you mixed in the first bowl and the Milk, and slowly pour them into the second bowl, mixing while you do.
7) Once everything is combined, pour the mixture into the cupcake tin and fill each one half-way.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. When you pull them out, insert a toothpick or fork into one to check that it is dry and fully cooked inside. If not, pop it back into the oven for another 2-3 minutes and test again.
9) While the cupcakes cool, you can start making the icing!
Making the Icing:
1) In your third bowl, using the electric mixer on low, combine the Powdered Sugar, Butter, Vanilla and Milk.
2) Continue to beat until the mixture becomes smooth.
If it’s too thick, you can add another tablespoon of Milk. If it’s too thin, you can add another tablespoon of Powdered Sugar.
3) Now add the Food Coloring one drop at a time. Alternate between the green and yellow until it is your preferred zombie color. (We used 2 green drops and 4 yellow drops).
4) When the cupcakes are cool, you can frost them.
1) Invite your favorite zombie over for inspiration (remember to protect your brain) or use this photo for reference.
2) Using Halloween Candy, decorate your cupcake to create a zombie face!
Who knew zombies could be so sweet? Have fun and share your Zombie cupcakes with us on Twitter with the #pvztreats hashtag!