The official, full list, 100% real, totally legit, sanctioned, indispensable, and authoritative Madden NFL 19 player ratings are now revealed. Which means everyone can finally stop talking about the “leaked” ratings that were pulled from a demo build that wasn’t close to completion. So everyone calm down. CALM DOWN!
Now that we have some real numbers to look over, the keen eyes of the Madden community might have noticed there’s some new categories in play. A few of them have been mentioned in the breakdowns already but wanted to provide some clarity as to what they signify. Some are sort of self-explanatory and all affect different moments in gameplay.
Here’s a list of the new player ratings attributes in Madden 19.
- Short Route Running
- The ability of a player to create separation when they break on short routes (slant, short dig, etc.)
- Medium Route Running
- The ability of a player to create separation when they break on medium routes (Standard Out, Standard In, etc.)
- Deep Route Running
- The ability of a player to create separation when they break on deep routes (deep post, various play action routes)
- Run Block
- The ability of a player to block in space.
- Run Block Power
- The ability of a player to block for man-concept runs such as the dive, stretch, etc. (Established at the play call screen)
- Run Block Finesse
- The ability of a player to block for zone-concept runs such as the inside zone or outside zone. (Established at the play call screen)
- Pass Block
- The ability of a tight end, running back or offensive lineman to block a pass rusher who does not utilize a pass rush move.
- Lead Block
- The ability of a lead blocker to successfully block a defender (FB, pulling lineman, etc.)
- Pass Block Power
- The ability of a player to block against a defender who uses a power rush move.
- Pass Block Finesse
- The ability of a player to block against a defender who uses a finesse rush move.
- Throw Under Pressure
- Determines how accurate a QB is when they are pressured.
- Break Sack
- How frequently a QB will be able to break a sack from an incoming pass rusher.
-Daniel Williams, Madden Writer (@thatDanW)
Madden NFL 19 launches August 10. Pre-order the Hall of Fame Edition for three-day Early Access and loads of MUT content. Stay in the conversation by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and EA Forums. Sign up for the Newsletter today to receive updates on Madden, and other EA news, products, and events, all season long.