This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. (“EA” or “Sponsor”), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
1. To Enter.
To enter the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II EA PLAY Competition (“Competition”), beginning 12:00:01 p.m. PST on June 12, 2017 through 5:00:00 p.m. PST on June 12, 2017 (the “Competition Period”), visit the Star Wars Battlefront II FanFest Booth at EA Play, play one match of Star Wars Battlefront II, get the highest in-game score among all those playing in the same match, and provide your email address to the EA PLAY staff (collectively, the “Entry”). No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Completed entries must be transmitted during the Competition Period and received by 5:00 PM PST on June 12, 2017. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or postage due entries or other communications or other technical problems related to online entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility. This Competition is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (except Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. This Competition is void in Quebec and where prohibited. Employees of EA and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Competition is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes. There is one (1) prize.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a Prize Trip for two to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany from August 21-28, 2017. The Prize Trip includes a trip for two (2) persons (Winner and a Guest) to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany: roundtrip, economy/coach class airfare for 2 people (Winner and Guest) from the major commercial airport nearest the Winner’s residence (Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary); hotel accommodations for 6 days / 5 nights (one (1) double occupancy room) at a hotel of Sponsor’s choice, 2 tickets to Gamescom 2017, and lunch with the developers of Star Wars Battlefront II. Incidentals, including, without limitation: telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, Spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees and airline service charges, are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Hotel and airfare cannot be used separately. Winner must notify Sponsor of intended dates of travel by no later than 30 days prior to the intended date of departure. All travel must be completed by August 28, 2017 or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions, so Sponsor cannot guarantee prize trip will be available on the exact dates specified by Winner. Any extra nights’ stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his or her Guest. Valid Passport and/or other travel documentation is required. Additional restrictions may apply.
The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is $5000 USD. Actual value of Prize Trip may vary depending on Winner’s residence and seasonal rates.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable or if prior to awarding the prize Sponsor and winner agree on such a substitute prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any apparel sizes and games, including platform for play to be awarded as prize are within the sole discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. All taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each individual winner.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. The top entrant with the highest in-game score among all the Entries at the end of the Competition Period will be deemed a winner. Winner will be notified on or about June 20, 2017 by an email sent to the email address specified in the Competition Entry. In the event of a tie, the participant among the tied entrants who has the highest number of in-game kills will be deemed the winner.
Potential winners may be required to complete and sign a Declaration of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 10 days of attempted notification in order to claim the prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. Guest will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release at least 7 days prior to travel or guest will not be able to travel. If a potential winner cannot be contacted at the email address provided, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 10 days of attempted notification, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility, refuses the prize, is ineligible to accept the prize or prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state, country or providence of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules; all prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize, time permitting given the nature of the prize, to an alternate winner with the next highest in-game score from all remaining eligible Entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which EA retains the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of Sponsor choosing. Potential winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize.
5. License. By entering this Competition, each entrant expressly grants to Sponsor, its affiliates and agents a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, complete, sub-licensable and irrevocable right to quote, re-post, publish, use, adapt, translate, archive, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the Entry, or any portion thereof, in any manner or form and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice, payment or attribution of any kind to entrant or any third party. Entrant further waives and agrees not to assert any moral or similar rights entrant may have in such Entry. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, have the right to use the entrant’s first and/or last name, user or screen name and hometown on Sponsor’s and/or its Agents respective websites and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for the Star Wars Battlefront II videogame franchise, existing or future Star Wars Battlefront video games, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor and/or its Agents without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any of the Entries, including the winning Entries and Entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of any entry.
6. General Conditions. By participating in the Competition, participants assume sole liability for and agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, their affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) claimed to be caused from participating in this Competition or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Competition. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. By participating in this Competition, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Judges and to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail and/or email regarding this Competition. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. The Competition is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
7. Winners list. A winners list will be available at STARWARSBATTLEFRONT2.COM after all winners are determined and verified, and posted for approximately two (2) weeks and is also available by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II EA Play Competition,” Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065 for receipt by June 26, 2017.
© 2017 Electronic Arts Inc.