Madden NFL 13 Demo Play Sweepstakes
2012 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. To Enter. Beginning12:00:01 p.m. PST on Tuesday, August 14th 2012, through 11:59:59 p.m. PST on Monday, August 27th, 2012, download and register the Madden NFL 13 Demo for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system OR PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system to be automatically entered in the Madden NFL 13 Demo Play Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). You may alsoenter by sending an e-mail to Madden13DemoSweeps@ea.com, with your first and last name, date of birth and address within the e-mail.
No other methods of entry will be accepted. Limit: only one entry per person, email address and/or household will be accepted. All electronic entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PST onMonday, August 27th, 2012. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Use of a false email account or an incorrect mail address will disqualify an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, garbled or delayed entries or other communications or other technical problems related to website entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Site, or who otherwise violates these rules. By entering, entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes. There are five (5) prizes. Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes.
Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) authentic NFL football, signed by Madden NFL 13 cover athlete, Calvin Johnson Jr. Approximate retail value of each prize is $200.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value, if the advertised prize becomes unavailableAll taxes, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about September 7th, 2012, from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted: Sponsor’s address as indicated in Section 6 of these rules, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding. Winners will be notified on or about September 14th 2012 by an email sent to the email address associated with the Demo registration or email entry. If winner cannot be contacted at this email or mail address, is contacted and does not respond as directed within 14 days of attempted notification, refuses the prize or is ineligible to accept the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Winners may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release, in the form provided by Sponsor, within 14 days of attempted notification in order to claim prize. If a minor wins a prize, it will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will also be responsible for signing any necessary releases, consents and affidavits. If a winner is 18 or older, as required, but a minor in his or her state of residence, winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents. All prizes claimed in accordance with the Official Rules will be awarded. Winners may be required to provide a shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
5. General Conditions. Sponsor and its agents are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes. Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or mis-use of any prize awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, computer virus, bug, tampering, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor has the right to select winners from eligible entries at any time before the termination of the Sweepstakes. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree (i) that Sponsor may post their entries on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Electronic Arts, this Sweepstakes or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to entrants and, except if entrant is a resident of TN or otherwise where prohibited by law, has the right to use the entrant’s user or screen name and hometown therewith; (ii) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, and (iii) to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or email regarding the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered
6. Winners list. A winners list will be available at http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/promo/demo-sweepstakes-rules after all winners are determined, verified and posted for approximatelytwo weeks. A winners list is also available by sending a stamped, self addressed envelope to “Madden NFL 13 – Demo Prize Sweepstakes: Calvin Johnson Jr. Signed Ball– WINNERS,” Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065for receipt by November 1st, 2012.
7. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
© 2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.