Can't afford a ticket to Cologne, Germany for Gamescom 2011? No worries. We’re bringing the city's annual Gamescom Expo directly to you, and we'll kick things off by live-streaming and live-blogging the EA Press Conference right here on EA.com on Tuesday, August 16th at 4PM CET, 10am ET and 7AM PT.
Whether you’re a fan of Console, PC, Mobile, or Social games EA has you covered. We’ll be bringing all the excitement and action at EA’s Gamescom 2011 press conference, with news from our biggest and best titles like:
- Dr. Ray Muzyka from BioWare will be presenting a live, multiplayer demo of the highly anticipated, story-driven MMO Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ and providing an update on Mass Effect 3.
- A new Need for Speed The Run level that will force our hero Jack to overcome one very powerful natural element in this intense, pulse-pounding race from the Golden Gate to the Empire State.
- The SSX team reveals the features of the new SSX online suite live.
- DICE unveils an all new Battlefield 3 live co-op demo and the worldwide debut an exciting new multiplayer trailer.
- Witness the world exclusive debut of the FIFA 12 trailer and Lead Producer David Rutter will be on stage to share new details about new online features and live services for the massive FIFA online community.
- Feast your eyes on a new Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning trailer and learn when the game will be unleashed upon all RPG fans worldwide.
- Funcom unveils first details on The Secret World’s large-scale Player-versus-Player gameplay; featuring combat, progression, skills, boss fights and more. They will also be showing an all-new cinematic trailer allows gamers a glimpse of what they’ll be up against in The Secret World.
- And much more including all new game announcements!
If you happen to miss it, don’t worry, you can replay the stream and read the live blog on our Gamescom site at your convenience.
And the coverage doesn't stop there! Throughout Gamescom, we'll be posting videos, photos, and news, in addition to hosting live chats with the teams from EA's hottest titles.
On the Gamescom floor, EA is revealing 350 gaming stations with a dedicated 64-person multiplayer area for Battlefield 3, the first consumer hands-on experience for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a huge FIFA 12 zone, and a playable demo of the upcoming thrill ride, Need for Speed: The Run. Two new Sims experiences will also be making an appearance: The Sims 3 Pets for all platforms and The Sims Social for Facebook. And let's not forget about March 2012's Mass Effect 3 — the high-octane deep-space adventure will be on full display.
Whether you’re in Germany or following along from a web browser, it’s going to be an unforgettable Gamescom! We hope you will join us!