Gather round, friends, and welcome to the inaugural Subscription Supply Drop—your one-stop shop for all things subs-related at EA. If you’re an Origin Access* subscriber, this is your new home for all the details on games joining the catalog (at well over 225 titles—more than half of which are from external partners), what titles you might have missed in recent months, and what benefits you can nab.
This month, we’re dropping in a handful of great games that cover a medley of genres and playstyles. Along with EA favorites like FIFA 20 and Plants vs. Zombies™: Battle for Neighborville, a suite of indie gems like The Escapists 2, Yooka-Laylee, Vambrace: Cold Soul, and more join Origin Access. Additionally, the BioWare™ high-flying cooperative shooter, Anthem™, is joining the Vault for all Origin Access members. There are zombies, athletes, mechs, chickens, horses, and even vampires, which is either the best or worst group of people to meet at a party, depending on what snacks are available. But enough bad jokes—let’s dig in:
Full list of games coming to Origin Access in September:
- Let’s start with some major EA titles—Origin Access Premier adds both FIFA 20 and the Founder’s Edition of Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. FIFA fans can look forward to taking their game to the streets and expressing their unique style in the brand-new VOLTA mode, which is the triumphant return to street football for the FIFA franchise. For early adopters and lovers of the undead, the Founder’s Edition of PVZ: Battle for Neighborville gives players the chance to experience the latest team-based shooter from the Plants vs. Zombies world first. You get zombies, plants with faces, and soccer, all in one month.
- Basic members also see a major EA release join their collection, as Anthem is making its way to the Vault this month. Customize your Javelin, grab a few friendly Freelancers, and take to the skies as you battle hordes of enemies and collect mountains of new equipment. And don’t forget to pet a few Grabbits along the way—just be careful, they might bite.
- Going back to sports, Out of the Park Baseball 20 is joining the Origin Access Basic this month. Are you more keen on the management side of the game? OOTP 20 allows players to start their very own career with a 2019 MLB team or even go back through 150 years of baseball history to run an organization from the past. Whether you want to throw the first pitch or create your own baseball empire, Out Of The Park 20 has you covered.
- We didn’t forget you, lovers of indie games. Vambrace: Cold Soul brings a new story-driven roguelite that promises to warm your soul (even if it’s set amidst a frozen landscape.) The Escapists 2 and Yooka-Laylee give you your fix of management and whimsical, mascot-based platforming—which we promise are two totally similar things. And last but not least, everyone’s favorite party game (and friendship-ender) Ultimate Chicken Horse provides subscribers with a reason to invite people over. Finally.
Miss last month’s games? Never fear, your August Supply Drop is here:
- Origin Access Premier adds Warhammer™: Chaosbane Magnus Edition this month, the first hack-and-slash entry in the renowned Warhammer franchise, with an emphasis on action-packed co-op play (and humor). Choose a hero from four character classes and prepare for epic battles wielding some of the most powerful artefacts of the Old World. And Premier members can experience the Magnus Edition, which comes with a gold boost, unique character emotes, unique character pets, a fragment boost, and the season pass. The path to glory awaits!
- The top member-requested title and one of the best action games of 2018, Vampyr is bringing its rich narrative and atmospheric setting to Origin Access Basic. Play as newly-turned Vampyr Dr. Jonathan Reid, where you must either find a cure to save the city’s flu-ravaged citizens or feed on those you vowed to heal. Tasty tip: It’s waaaaaaay more fun to feed on people.
- An indie buffet arrives on Origin Access Basic as Team17 hits like Overcooked, The Escapists 2, Mugsters, and Yoku’s Island Express enter the Vault. Cook gourmet dishes under high pressure with your friends in Overcooked, or pinball yourself across the visually stunning world of Yoku’s Island Express.
- Along with the Team17 catalog, August brings indie darling Dear Esther and strategic rogue-like Renowned Explorers Club to Origin Access.
But wait, there's more! In case you missed it, check out July’s highlights:
- Madden NFL 20 is now available on Origin Access Premier and lets players become the face of their favorite franchise in an all-new single-player campaign, unlock new zone abilities across 50 players at launch, or build their dream roster in My Ultimate Team™.
- Sea of Solitude, out on Premier this month, is a poignant tale of loneliness, loss, and how fears can manifest as monsters. Set sail across a beautiful and evolving world, where nothing is quite what it seems.
- A Plague Tale: Innocence, one of the highest-rated AA titles of the year, is a shining example of how powerful a single-player, story-driven title can evoke emotion and envelope players. Set in France during the Black Death, this Immersed Story-writer adventure follows a young heroine and her brother as they struggle to survive against overwhelming odds, they will fight to find purpose in this brutal, unforgiving world.
- Moonlighter: A surprise indie hit from 2018 with high replayability and tons of gear to collect. Moonlighter is an action-RPG with rogue-lite elements following the everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper who dreams of becoming a hero. With more than 500,000 units pushed and the highly anticipated Between Dimensions DLC on the way, Moonlighter is another strong addition to the deep Access indie catalog.
Full title list for Origin Access in September:
- September 4
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Founder’s Edition (Premier)
- September 12
- Anthem (Basic)
- Out of the Park Baseball 20 (Basic)
- The Escapists 2
- Ultimate Chicken Horse
- Vambrace: Cold Soul
That’s all for September! Come back next month to learn what new games will be joining the subscription in October across the Premier and Basic tiers.
*CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE origin.com/store/origin-access/terms FOR DETAILS.